Taugheen National School is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff and students. To ensure that, the Board of Management have developed a Covid-19 Response Plan and updated the Safety Statement for the school. All staff and pupils are responsible for the implementation of the response plan and a combined effort will help contain the spread of the virus. The Board of Management will:
- continue to monitor our Covid-19 response and amend this plan in consultation with our staff, pupils and parents/guardians
- provide up to date information to our staff, pupils and parents/guardians on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE and Gov.ie
- display information on the signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and correct hand-washing techniques
- provide an adequate number of trained Worker Representative(s) who are easily identifiable and put in place a reporting system
- inform all staff and pupils of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements
- adapt the school to facilitate physical distancing as appropriate in line with guidance of the Department of Education and Skills
- keep a log of contact of staff and pupil engagement to help with contact tracing
- ensure staff and pupils engage with the online induction/familiarisation briefing provided by the Department of Education and Skills
- implement the agreed procedures to be followed in the event of someone showing symptoms of Covid-19 while at school
- provide instructions for staff and pupils to follow if they develop signs and symptoms of Covid-19 during school time in line with the procedures provided by the Department of Education and Skills
- implement cleaning in line with government advice and agreed checklists
All staff, pupils and parents/guardians will be consulted on an ongoing basis and feedback is encouraged on any concerns, issues or suggestions.
Ratified by Board of Management 26th August 2020 and reviewed 9th September 2021.